Fortmatic is seeking to work with a curious, talented, and self-motivated Backend/DevOps Engineer with an insatiable appetite for learning and self improvement.. You arepassionate about implementing infrastructure solutions to achieve high maintainability, availability and scalability. As a Backend/DevOps Engineer on the team you'll be working collaboratively with other amazing engineers owning everything that you build 100% of the way. You will flow seamlessly between building out solutions to improve deployment processes, operations procedures and system metrics tracking to building out core backend systems, kick-ass features, and intuitive/performant APIs.
Fortmatic fully operates in a public cloud environment (AWS). We heavily adopt infrastructure-as-code (IaC) philosophy. We believe in automating infrastructure and operations to scale. System imperfections, and inefficiencies is the Bane to your Batman, and pragmatism is your north star.
- Own the architecture and development of system components to improve monitoring, alerting and stability with compliance and security in mind
- Build upon the foundation of the existing infrastructure to support and enhance the productivity of the entire engineering team in San Francisco, Denver and Toronto
- Collaborate with other engineers to optimize CI/CD pipelines
- Ensure we are on the cutting edge features in the public cloud (AWS is a plus)
- Develop internal SLOs and SLIs to drive system reliability and to support external SLAs
- Design and build backend systems that powers the Fortmatic experience
- Building and improving our APIs so that they are as scalable, performant, intuitive as can be
What you bring to the team
- 2+ years of DevOps experience working in a public cloud environment (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure)
- Proficient in shell scripting and scripting languages e.g Python/Ruby
- Production experience in system design, networking and virtual cloud implementation
- Expert in building and implementing CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Circle CI, Travis CI, AWS codePipeline/codeBuild or similar
- Have experience in using Terraform/CloudFormation and Vault
- Proficient in SQL and database design and administration using MySQL, PostgreSQL or similar
- Have experience in blockchain node management (Ethereum, Bitcoin and similar)
- Have participated in SOC2 Type 2 audit
- Experience in Linux/Unix system administration
- Have a startup personality and mentality: smart, hardworking, productive, team player, integrity, can execute under pressure
- Have worked with serverless stack (FaaS)
Technologies that we are currently using include React, Python, Docker, AWS, HashiCorp, etc. We are deeply driven by the agile development principles. We are looking for people who share the same philosophy, perform under pressure and are comfortable with frequent change requests.